Breakfast Bites: Mid-week Breakfasts for Busy Families
Cheesy, nutrient dense goodness with only 5 ingredients? AND it’s kid-approved?! Yes, please!
I love making these every Sunday and having them for quick breakfasts for my family throughout the week. The prep is so simple and my 5-year-old loves to help me make them. In addition to being a nutritious meal, it involves your mini-foodies in food preparation, too!
- 1 dozen pastured or organic eggs
- 3/4 c. chilled or room temperature cooked white rice (I cook mine in bone broth OR use THIS recipe)
- 1-1/2 c. shredded organic, grass-fed cheese (I use half cheddar and Monterey jack), divided
- 1/3 pound Braunsweiger
- 1/2 c. your favorite enchilada sauce (I like THIS one)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin tin with liners
- Cover the bottom of each liner with rice (approx. 1 tablespoon per)
- Put braunsweiger in a mixing bowl and break up/mix with a fork.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup. of shredded cheese to the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour some of the mixture into each muffin cup, dividing it evenly (it will fill up each muffin tin approximately 2/3 of the way).
- Top each breakfast bite with remaining shredded cheese
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately! Or allow to cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge for the week.
- Reheat in a cast iron or casserole dish at 250 degrees for 7-10 min.
I serve mine with raw kraut and sour cream.
Makes 1 dozen egg bites. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products or services I write about. The editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon affiliate program. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Food Your Body Will Thank You For will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of the blog. I appreciate your support!