For my foodie friends who are familiar with this tantalizing spice, I’m sure you’ll agree its citrusy/aromatic qualities make it a perfect complement for vegetables, meat, and even fruit! For those of you who have never tasted sumac, you are in for a treat!
Sumac has antibacterial properties and is a source of antioxidants. As our bodies are bombarded with toxins daily, the inclusion of this snazzy spice will make your taste buds happy and keep your body healthy.
- Juice of 2 organic lemons
- 1 tsp organic sumac, plus extra for garnish (source)
- 1/2 t. unrefined salt (source)
- 1 large organic cucumber (peeled or unpeeled–your preference)
- Slice cucumbers into discs. I prefer 1/4″ slices, but you have liberty here. Place in a glass mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice, salt and sumac. Mix with your HANDS! I find the use of fingers allows you to work the spices into the cucumber flesh, adding to final product’s flavor.
- Arrange in a dish and sprinkle a small pinch or two of sumac for color (optional).
This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products or services I write about. The editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon affiliate program. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Food Your Body Will Thank You For will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of the blog. I appreciate your support!