Strawberry Ice Cream with Strawberry Topping
Hot summers means COLD ice cream! This is my new favorite treat (a big admission for a hardcore chocoholic like myself!). Best of all, it’s filled with probiotics (raw dairy!) and a gut-soothing ingredient in the strawberry topping that makes this a “mom-approved” snack!
Strawberry Dream Ice Cream
- 1-1/4 c homemade strawberry preserves* (SEE BELOW for recipe; oer us your favorite organic store bought preserves)
- 1 c raw or organic/grass-fed cream
- 1 c. raw or organic/grass-fed whole fat milk
- 2 pastured egg yolks
- 1/2 t. organic vanilla (source)
- 1/4 c organic maple syrup (source)
- pinch of unrefined salt (source)
- extra preserves for topping
Directions for ice cream:
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well.
- Prepare according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
NO COOK Strawberry Preserves (make the day before or allow to cool to AT LEAST room temperature!)
I adjusted the measurement’s of my friend Mary’s (AKA The Homemade Dutch Apple Pie) recipe.
- 6 level cups organic strawberries, halved
- 3 rounded t. of grass-fed gelatin
- 1/4 c. organic lemon juice
- 3/4 c. rapadura (source)
Get the directions for the jam HERE!
This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products or services I write about. The editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon affiliate program. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Food Your Body Will Thank You For will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of the blog. I appreciate your support!