Creamy Roasted Vegetable Soup (Gluten-free)
I don’t know why, but at the height of summer I often find myself craving soup. I LOVE this soup because it is economical and easy!
Creamy Roasted Vegetable Soup
- 5 oz homemade bone broth broth (store-bought is okay, I like THIS brand)
- 5 oz water
- 6 oz coconut milk (source)
- 1/2 tsp spicy curry powder (source)
- 1/2 unrefined salt (source)
- 3 c. roasted organic vegetables (see below)
- 3 T grass-fed butter, unsalted
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot and stir.
- Heat on medium-high, until just before boiling.
- Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 min.
- Turn stove off and use 1) immersion blender or 2) upright blender to puree soup.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Top with sour cream or yogurt.
- 3-4 T. PASTURED bacon fat (I reserve mine from sugar-free, pasture-raised bacon)
- Unrefined salt (source)
- 3 c. assorted veggies (I usually just grab whatever is starting to look “past its prime” in the fridge to save money! This bathc had padrón peppers, broccoli, celery, onions, and carrots)
Directions for Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss/coat veggies in bacon fat; sprinkle with salt (to your taste I just give one level sprinkle over pan)
- Bake for 20 min and turn over.
- Bake for another 10-20 minutes (depending on the density of the veggies you choose—i.e. carrots will take longer, celery cooks faster)
NOTE: If adding garlic and very delicate veggies (like the Padrón peppers in the photo), add those to the pan (having already coated them in bacon fat and set aside!) at the midway point, when you turn veggies over. This will prevent them from burning!
This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means I may get paid commission on sales of those products or services I write about. The editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon affiliate program. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Food Your Body Will Thank You For will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of the blog. I appreciate your support!