3 Kid-Friendly Essential Oil Recipes for Digestion, Sleep, and Germs
Fighting germs, fostering good sleep, and promoting healthy digestion are huge parental responsibilities! While I’m not an aromatherapist, I have done my own research (something every parent should do when using oils with children) and I feel very comfortable using these recipes on my 4-year-old. As with any home remedies using essential oils, everyone responds differently to various oils/combinations.That said, these recipes have worked well for my family.
I personally love Young Living oils (read more about why I chose this company HERE). And if you haven’t joined my private essential oil Facebook group, get access HERE, so you can receive tips and updates!
Kid Recipes (4 years+)
Happy Tummy Time Massage Oil
- 2 drops cardamom essential oil
- 2 orange essential oil
- 2 Roman chamomile essential oil
- 1/4 c. organic sweet almond oil (get it HERE)
- glass roll-on bottle (like THIS )
Apply to your child’s tummy and massage in a circular motion after large meals and family celebrations (my child benefits from eating a small amount of fermented foods with each meal to promote healthy digestion–read more about my favorite fermented food in my post “Real Kraut is Sexy.”
Get Your Zzzzs Cream
Lavender and orange oils are gentle and soothing. Both oils enjoy a reputation of promoting relaxation—a key ingredient to falling asleep!
- 1 oz. organic shea butter, coconut oil, or other unscented cream
- 2-3 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- glass container with lid (like THIS one)
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Transfer to the lidded container.
- Apply to your skin (keep away from your eyes) 30 minutes before bed.
Why use commercial sanitizer, full of toxic chemicals, including triclosan (a registered pesticide!)? While good old-fashioned hand-washing with plain soap and warm water is best, emergencies often call for sanitizer. Here’s a version that won’t pump your little ones’ bodies with chemical garbage.
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. witch hazel (get HERE)
- 5 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 4 drops Roman chamomile OR Orange essential oil
- 4 oz. dark glass spray bottle (get HERE)
- Mix all ingredients together in the spray bottle.
- Spray on hands as needed, rub vigorously until absorbed by skin
*Medical Disclaimer: Please note I am NOT a health care professional. Please seek professional assistance if you have specific health questions. The information contained in this post is NOT intended to take the place of a medical or health professional’s advice. Please seek the counsel of a qualified health professional if you are concerned about your health status.
The statements made about specific products on this website have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. You should not use the information on this website for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs at no extra cost to you. This helps support the cost of recipe testing. Thank you for your support!****