Cajun Curry Meatballs
Most slow cooker recipes are mix-and-cook dishes. This one requires a little more work, but will still get you 3 hours of free time while it simmers. It’s the perfect recipe to start before lunch on the weekend, go out and enjoy your day, and return to a yummy main dish.
Cajun Curry Meatballs (adapted from Audrey Green’s recipe)
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef (Get HERE)
- 1 lb. pastured pork breakfast sausage (or pastured ground pork from HERE and my Breakfast Sausage Spice Mix)
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. pastured bacon fat (reserved from the pastured bacon I cook—you could also use lard or coconut oil)
- 2/3 c. organic coconut milk (I use THIS)
- 1-1/2 T. filtered water (I use THIS)
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. raw honey (I use THIS)
- 3 T. organic yellow mustard
- 1/4 c. grass-fed butter
- 2-1/2 t. organic curry powder (I use THIS)
- 2-1/2 t. organic Cajun Seasoning (look at the end of the post for my homemade Cajun spice mix recipe)
- Preheat the broil setting on your oven.
- Mix meat, salt, and bacon fat well, in a glass bowl.
- Form small meatballs and place on a cookie sheet (approx. 30 meatballs, 6 rows of 5).
- Broil the meatballs for 6 minutes. Remove cookie sheet and turn meatballs over with tongs.
- Place cookie sheet back in the oven and broil for 4 more minutes.
- Turn oven OFF and move sheet to center rack for 3 more minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and set aside.
- To make sauce, mix all ingredients together.
- Add meatballs to the slow cooker and pour sauce over them.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
*Homemade Cajun seasoning (makes 5-1/2 teaspoons)
- 1-1/4 tsp. unrefined salt
- 1-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. each: oregano, thyme, smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes (optional)
Disclaimer: This blog participates affiliate advertising programs. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to conduct recipe development, provide giveaways, and pay for the upkeep of this blog. Thank you for your support!