Sunday Breakfast Casserole
I call this a “Sunday” casserole because it’s usually the day I have a little more time to spend on breakfast. It’s also a dish I love to make for weekday breakfasts for work. This is one of my favorite meals because of its serving versatility. Fresh and hot right out of the oven for breakfast, a cold meal-on-the-go while I’m taking care of the baby, or toasted in my cast-iron pan for a hearty snack–you can’t go wrong with this dish. And best of all, you’ll figure out new combinations with different cheeses/spices to suit the palates of your family, while getting veggies and healthy protein and immune-boosting fat into your family’s bodies.
Breakfast Casserole (Serves4-6)
- 1 medium organic zucchini, grated (7 oz.)
- 1 large organic sweet potato, peeled and grated (9 oz.)
- 1 dozen pastured or organic eggs
- 8 oz. cooked pastured or organic bacon (I get my sugar-free pastured bacon HERE)
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 t. turmeric
- 1/4 t. salt (I like THIS one)
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the casserole dish (I use pasture bacon fat, but coconut oil or lard would also work!)
- Wrap zucchini in paper towels or a kitchen towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Combine zucchini, sweet potato, feta, and bacon in a bowl and mix well; place in one even layer in the casserole dish.
- Combine eggs, turmeric, salt, and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture evenly into casserole dish.
- Bake for 40-42 minutes.
Disclaimer: This blog participates affiliate advertising programs. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to conduct recipe development, provide giveaways, and pay for the upkeep of this blog. Thank you for your support!