Jalapeño Strawberry Margarita (NO refined sugar!)
I decided to create this cocktail, made with real food ingredients, for guilt-free enjoyment after a long day at work. I’m already thinking I need to have a barbecue just for the excuse to make a big pitcher of this sweet and sassy treat…
Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
inspired by El Ladrón Spicy Cucumber Margarita (created by Sean Venus)
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 2 oz. organic white tequila
- 3 medium organic ripe strawberries (slightly soft is okay)
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed organic lime juice
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed organic orange juice
- 3 slices of jalapeño, ribs/seeds removed (more if you want it spicier)
- 4 small slices of cucumber (then cut into half moons)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- unrefined salt (optional)
- *sucanat (optional) (Like THIS one)
- ice cubes
*I use sucanat because it is minimally processed and actually contains minerals
- In a container large enough to fit the circumference of the rim of cocktail glass, add a blend of sucanat/salt (about a 70/30 ratio—but taste it and adjust to your liking.
- Rim the edge of a cocktail glass with a used lime or orange rind (to moisten with the citrus juice) and coat with the salt and sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Add tequila, jalapeño, cucumber, strawberries, citrus juices, and honey to a cocktail shaker.
- Lightly muddle the ingredients.
- Add 3-4 ice cubes and shake mixture until cold (10-15 seconds).
- Pour into a cocktail glass and enjoy!
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs at no extra cost to you. This helps support the cost of recipe testing. Thank you for your support!****