Heavenly Rice with Cauliflower
My husband thinks I’m magical when it comes to cooking rice. He says I make the “best” rice in the world! I reveled in his compliments for a few months before I finally revealed my “secret”: flavor-infused broth!
The flavor was absorbed by the rice and the health value of using broth was a huge bonus! For more information on WHY bone broth is SUCH an amazing super food, read my post “The Bodaciousness of Bone Broth.”
The short version? If you like healthy skin, hair, nails, gut, and are looking for a way to combat inflammation, look no further than bone broth! And cauliflower is an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and a great source of B vitamins.
**All ingredients should be organic or sustainable, if possible, for optimum health and flavor.
Heavenly Rice with Cauliflower (makes about 4 cups)
- 1-1/3 heaping cups white rice (I like basmati/jasmine)
- 1 packed cup grated cauliflower
- 1 c. “Twice Cooked Bone Broth” (broth only)
- 1 c. filtered water (I use a Berkey)
- unrefined salt (get HERE)
- Rinse the rice.
- Add the cauliflower, bone broth, and water to the rice in the pot. Stir well.
- Add at least 1/2 tsp. salt, and adjust to your liking. The water should taste salty because it will be absorbed by the rice and cauliflower. I have forgotten this step and it really messes up the dish. Salt is your friend!
- Turn heat in high and allow mixture to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low (of you have an electric stove, in between 2 and 3)
- Cook for 20-23 minutes.
- Remove from heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- The gelatin in the broth coats the rice and the result is a slightly moister grain. If it is too moist, reduce the broth and increase the filtered water or add 1/3 c. more rice in future attempts. I find the pot and type of stove will affect cooking.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs at no extra cost to you. This helps support the cost of recipe testing. Thank you for your support!****