Banana Bread (Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar)
I have a very fond memory of my mom volunteering in my second-grade classroom, working with students and correcting papers. It was particularly meaningful because she was a single parent, supporting me on her own. I now realize she took time off of work to help out my class and make me happy. As an added bonus, my teacher baked her a loaf of pumpkin bread as a thank-you! Perhaps that is why I have been always been enamored sweet loaves of bread: pumpkin, zucchini, and, of course, banana! Here is my first attempt…I was pretty pleased (and so were my taste-testing work colleagues!)
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 3 ripe overripe bananas (approx 12 oz)
- 2/3 c. organic coconut flour (approx.3.5 oz.) (source)
- 3 pastured or organic eggs
- 6 T. organic maple syrup (source)
- 2 T. grass-fed butter, plus extra for topping the cooked bread
- 1/2 t. baking powder (source)
- 1/2 t. organic vanilla (source)
- 1-2 t. organic cinnamon (source)*
- 1/4 t. Real salt (source)
- organic coconut oil (source)
*I use 2 tsp. of cinnamon and have even tried my pumpkin spice mix—so yummy!
- Blend together all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in dry ingredients and blend well with a hand-mixer on medium speed.
- Put into a greased loaf pan (I use coconut oil)
- Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Slice loaf into pieces, top with a thick slab of butter and serve immediately.
- If you like the bread cold, STILL top with butter and allow to cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs at no extra cost to you. This helps support the cost of recipe testing. Thank you for your support!****