Gingerbread Hot Toddy
Yum, yum, YUM! That pretty much sums up this recipe. If you’ve never had a hot toddy before, welcome to your new favorite beverage!
A hot toddy is the perfect warming drink for chilly evenings. It’s rich and creamy, and my gingerbread version is perfect for the holiday season. Serve it up to your friends after dinner, or make one for yourself and curl up with a good book.
Gingerbread Hot Toddy (inspired by Homemade Mommy’s African Hot Toddy)
You’ll need (makes 2 drinks):
- 2 c. whole milk (raw or organic grass-fed, preferably)
- 3 T. raw honey
- 2 t. gingerbread spice mix
- 2-3 oz.+of your favorite whiskey (I like 3 oz.)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Heat the milk till hot, but do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat, add honey and spice mix. Stir well with a whisk, until honey has fully melted.
- Pour 1 oz. of whisky into 2 warm mugs.
- Pour milk mixture into the mugs.
- Stir and top with whipped cream (optional).
Note: If you serve with whipped cream, you can reduce honey if you’d like. If you add more alcohol, you’ll want to increase the honey.