2-Ingredient REAL Whipped Cream (NO refined sugar!)
I have a confession to make. I am a *certifiable* whipped cream JUNKIE. I could eat it straight—by the pound! In fact, in my opinion, pie and ice cream are just a vehicle for this delicious topping! Unfortunately, processed versions are downright dangerous! And while the homemade ones are definitely tastier (and better for you), they still have refined sugar (a definite no-no with my 3-year-old around!).
So I’ve been on a mission to make this dessert topping a nutrient-dense food I would be happy to serve to my son. I decided to improvise and use a delicious raw honey from a bee keeper friend instead of the organic powdered sugar I had used in the past. The result??? Mission accomplished and I can’t wait for you to taste it yourself!
- 12 oz. raw cream, or organic whole fat whipping cream (pastured, if possible)
- at least 1 1/2 T. raw/unpasteurized honey (possibly more, depending on your preference)
- vanilla extract (optional–affiliate source)
- Mix all ingredients together. If you use vanilla, use 1/8 tsp.
- Mix for a minute–taste. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Mix until you it is thick enough to scoop with a spoon.
If you are using a manual egg beater–keep mixing–it WILL happen! Shouldn’t take longer than 4 minutes, significantly less with an immersion blender (make sure you use a container deep enough or when you turn it on, you’ll lose up to 1/4 of your liquid from sloshing around)